Sunday, April 7, 2013

27 Weeks

Here are, at 27 weeks!!! The last week of the 2nd trimester!!!
I feel like the EDD is creeping up on us every so quickly, yet ever so slowly...


I guess its a hurry up and wait type of deal..isn't it?!  ;)


The last few weeks Amanda and I have been throwing around the idea of a water birth. I have been doing some research on it, and I think if it is going to be a relaxing environment, I am all for it.  I definitely want to keep Amanda relaxed as much as possible, and I am now looking for relaxation techniques during a water birth.  I actually watched one today and the birth was very smooth and the mother seemed very relaxed.  I know that may not be reality...but I am interested in this.  So I will continue to do more reading, and see how I play a part in the actual birth.  It could be an amazing bonding experience for us.


As of now things are still progressing well,  Amanda has been having some contractions still but they seem to be controlled for the most part.  She has been taking it easy the last few weeks and it seems like it is working to keep the contractions minimal and tolerable.   She is not dilated or progressing towards going into labor so that is GOOD! :)  As ready as we are for little man to get here... we are SO not ready yet.  He needs to cook a bit longer.....

Next appt is glucose test, then appts will soon be every 2 weeks.

Until next time!
-S

1 comment:

  1. I don't stop by very often but as we are about to start our journey I wanted to check on yours and am delighted so see that everything is ticking along as it is supposed to as it was always meant to be. I wish you all a peaceful 3rd trimester and hope it speeds by xxx

    ReplyDelete